Tuesday 23 April 2019

Preview of game for Sunday 28th April 2019.

I have planned a colonial game around Brian's newly painted Egyptians and Naval Brigade,so thought I would give a game preview,just to get us in the mood.


Top photo is the scenario,bottom is the table as the "boys" will see it when they arrive on Sunday night-I will pick sides before they arrive!!

The British square-consisting of Infantry,cavalry and guns,with Bengal cavalry on the outside!


The "scratch-built" gun boat-I know,I know,you would swear blind it was a bought model!!
It had to be called "Venus" didn't it??-this will be pulling three nuggars(flat bottomed boats) containing the Naval Brigade.


Two photo's of the "Venus" reception committee!!

The Egyptian-held town of Tel-El Kabish.

Well placed Egyptians outside the town.

Hmmm, an interesting piece of terrain-surely there won't be any hidden troops there!!
Roll on next Sunday!
Nothing to do with wargaming,but I took this photo on Monday night.....................

Two questions need to be answered,Why is the Moon red? and how did I get it to balance on the telephone wire??







































8 comments:

  1. Great looking scenario. I'm sure it'll be a hot contest. I did wonder which side the Egyptians would be on. Is the moon due to Saharan sand? Is it about to roll down onto Kenton Bankfoot?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,I'm sure the game will be "lively!"
      I originally thought the red moon was due to a very liberal intake of Captain Morgan!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures especially the Egyptians. By the way it was a PINK moon you muppet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobbie,you obviously haven't studied colours-you even think the shirts we wear at wargames shows are pink!!-will we see you at Falkirk?
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out! The 25/28mm figures look great, I wish I hadn't chosen a smaller scale for my colonial campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DavidP-I have a mate who only "games" in 15mm,and his games look great,the size of his armies are fantastic,you get a feel for the "real thing" of colonial battles.
      I,also, am looking forward to see how this game pans out.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Love the gunboat John! Looking forward to seeing her in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJT,you will notice that it is correct in every detail-NOT!!-keep the comments coming.
      johnc

      Delete