Thursday 21 November 2019

2nd 15mm battle ECW.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before,but I'm retired,now being retired has lots of advantages,the main one being that you don't have to go to bloody work!! The other advantages are that,after completing the exhausting and onerous chores,such as posting a letter or feeding the birds,you have lots of time on your hands to do important things like wargaming and "fannying about"! I have decided that I am going to do a series of games with my new 15mm English Civil War figures,based around the imaginary town/village/house of Brockwell.
I have already fought a lively action around the town,and this week  I fought another action which I have called the siege of Brockwell House...................

This is the scenario,and terrain.


Top photo is the Royalist position,bottom photo shows the Parliamentarian dispositions.

An advance by Cromwell's cavalry,supporting a gun,was stopped by two well placed shots from the defending artillery-his was followed up by a charge into the disordered horse,resulting in a rout!!!-however the Parliamentarian foot were closing with the defenders....................


After two rounds of musketry,it was in with the Pike and musket butt-resulting in wins and losses for both sides!!-I'm enjoying this!!

Things are not looking good for the Royalists-Hopton and Rupert's regiments have fled,leaving Newcastle and Percy's to try and save the day.

Both Royalist regiments have beaten back the Parliamentarians,but are being assailed by two new,and fresh, regiments-time to retire(it's good being retired!) I think!


Not so fast!!-both Newcastle and Percy have been caught,and Percy fled,leaving Newcastle to sue for terms!!-The game was over and Lord Brockwell has lost,for the time being, his stately home.
This was another very enjoyable solo game,using simple rules,whilst sticking to historical tactics and weapon capabilities.
The "eagle-eyed" among you will have noticed the new addition to my buildings-ie the "Old Mill"......................


This little "gem" was bought at a charity shop for the princely sum of £2.50. and is just the right size for 15mm........................

See what I mean??
The next venture will be for Lord Brockwell to convince King Charles to recapture the House,possibly by attacking the village of Lower Brockwell,thus forcing Cromwell to divert troops to this area!!






















































































































10 comments:

  1. Splendid looking game John. I like your "Old Mill", though I'm not entirely sure how the water gets up there to turn the wheel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJT-design fault!!
      I am enjoying these solo games,but nothing can compare to our club nights,thanks for comment.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. John you will have to stop Eating the Insane Root.
    Splashing Cash around like that.
    It will only lead to Begging Letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,I've already had one from Prince Andrew,saying that because his income has been "reduced",can I lend him some money!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. I'm very impressed with these solo showcase games Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris,I am actually thinking of doing a solo "Modern-ish" game-can you believe that??
      johnc

      Delete
    2. I can! I know you're open minded (and I may be mis-remembering, but I think you've done it before?)

      Delete
    3. Chris,you are right-but in the words of the Frank Sinatra song,I did it my way!!!-Although I'll never understand the complexities of WW2,I still like the idea of tanks and things-isn't that strange?
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Tanks are cool. You can do it your way and avoid all the complexity ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And through it all when there was doubt.......
      johnc

      Delete