Friday 29 May 2020

"Aces High" and free gift!

Whilst tidying the garage the other day,I came across my boxes of WW2 planes(which haven't seen the light of day for a long,long time!) and thought I might just blow the dust off them and have a go at a solo game with them.
Before having a game,I needed to give them a thorough overhaul,and re-learn the very simple rules I made up years ago!


Top photo shows the bases on which the planes are mounted,complete with the metal rods,which hold them-the rods are welding rods!!-The bottom photo shows how I fix(removable) the planes to the bases-these are the "female" parts of flat-pack screws,and just happen to fit the rods perfectly!!
The planes were bought from a company called Atlas Productions and were ridiculously cheap,costing,as I can remember, £1.99 for two!!(Corgi Models too)-I bought quite a few,as you will see.


Top shows the "rod holders" super-glued on to the planes,bottom shows how they look when mounted.


As part of the rules,I put a "smoke trail" onto the back of a plane to show it is damaged,and flying and firing at Half its original score-so bottom photo shows how it looks in action!
The "smoke trail" is simply a piece of wire bent at one end(to fix to wing or tail of damaged plane) with cotton wool stuck to it!
I can now hear you screaming at your screens-"what about the Free Gift!!" well here it is........


At no charge whatsoever, a copy of my rules!!-well,what did you expect,something of value!!!!
I will be explaining how they work(really very,very complicated) and playing a game on my next blog,probably tomorrow-I know how to build the tension up!!!








































4 comments:

  1. Steady the Buffs John.
    Thin end of the Wedge Giving Free Stuff away.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll be a catch surely ;-) I look forward to your mission report, Squadron Leader
      Chris

      Delete
    2. Brian,do you think it's too late to retract?
      johnc

      Delete
    3. Chris,do you remember the old joke-"If pigs could fly,my wife would be a Wing Commander!"
      JUST KIDDING DARLING(that's in case she reads this!!!!)
      johnc

      Delete