Friday 18 September 2020

15mm. Project-COMPLETE!

I have at last completed all the 15mm figures that I have for my Romans vs Gauls campaign.

Whilst I have enjoyed painting these little beauties,I think I will give painting a rest for a while,and concentrate on the campaign,and solo games!

I have taken a few photographs of the Gauls,and have "set-up" a melee,just to see what the overall effect looks like...............................


Hundreds of 'em-actually 360 infantry and 24 cavalry!How will they look on the table?


Top photo shows the whole army of Gauls,bottom is a detail of the cavalry.


Top shows a detail of the "warbands,bottom is one of three "command groups"


Cavalry command group-full of movement and character-all Gauls are from Lancashire Games.

Now for a "set-up" melee with my Legion and auxiliaries...............................


Well,it certainly looks the part!


The legion is holding its own,but the Roman cavalry are getting beaten!


Top photo shows everything(almost!) getting stuck in,bottom shows the Auxiliaries getting out-flanked!!

They look quite pleased with themselves,and so am I!

I intend keeping a campaign diary of the games etc. and will,of course, keep you up-dated whenever possible.

This computer is giving me some stick,under-lining everything,and I don't know how to stop it!






























































 

6 comments:

  1. Really impressive, John. I like the clear contrast between the regular Roman formations and the irregular barbarian masses. Enjoy your campaign. I look forward to following its progress
    Cheers
    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,I'm looking forward to it too!-especially as the "lock-down" seems imminent.and I'll be confined to the house again.Also a big "thanks" for the handrails,the other gateway is now complete and awaiting the Gauls to burn it down!!!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Yay glad to be of service. Are any of the Gauls designated as nobles?

      Delete
    3. Chris,I have painted Command groups,3 for infantry and 2 for cavalry.and will probably treat them as "Nobles"(plus 1 onto dice?)
      johnc

      Delete
  2. They sure do look the part, it hasn't taken you long to paint all them and make fortifications too!.
    Gan canny,
    Paul. (from doon the road in Consett)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul,good to hear from you-because I painti fast,the "boys" keep reminding me that crap has the same number of letters in it as fast!!
      ps,should that be "up the road?"-they reckon Everest is lower than Consett!!Cheers,
      johnc

      Delete