Monday 20 September 2021

MDF Buildings.15mm.

I spent he whole of last Wednesday building 7 MDF buildings for my 15mm ACW set-up.



 This is the original barn/farmhouse that you get with the "Epic" starter pack c/w lengths of snake fencing-Brian asked me to build his for him,because I said it was a "doddle" and would take me no time-and it didn't!-I wish that the same could be said for the other buildings I bought!


I bought two packs of the buildings,so that I could make a small town etc. to fight over-as you do! the buildings are as shown-a house with a veranda,a barn and a stable/workshop.I can't say that I really enjoyed making these,as the instructions are "diagramatic" and I did manage to get confused(Age related?) at times,making a tremendous "cockup" of one of the buildings(which I have managed to hide!)




All three types made up and ready for the battlefield.........................


MDFville! in all its glory! We won't be playing this weekend as Paul and Dave(c/w Chris) are attending Carronade show in Falkirk,Brian is hosting a Birthday "bash" and Graham is flying off to Land of Grotty(Lanzarotti) for a well earned break,and I am getting my eyes seen to!























6 comments:

  1. I can’t see the mistook John. All looks well. Are you going to wash a dark brown over the roofs? Obviously wooden buildings made of wood… hope eye surgery is a doddle. Take care, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,funny you should mention the "wash"-I was thinking of doing just that,but not used to using washes and would hate to spoil them-still thinking on that.
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Try some thinned brown paint on the left over mdf

      Delete
  2. I really like the Sarissa Precision buildings. They go together well and pretty easily (although I know what you mean about getting things mixed up—I soon learned to 'dry build' first—even though the diagrams are pretty good).
    Are you gonna paint them or leave them in 'wood grain'?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Sorry, just read the answer in your discussion with Chris above).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI James-two replies in one-buildings must have been designed by a computer genius-don't know how they do things like that-excellent finished models,and I will have a go at painting(with washes!) a couple before I jump in at the deep end,cheers.
      johnc

      Delete