Friday 23 December 2022

Botched-Ica!

We were discussing,last Sunday,what kind of game we were going to put on at Carronade,in May 2023(as you do!)-many suggestions were thrown into the ring-Napoleonics,WW2,ACW,Zulus etc. etc. and my suggestion of an Ancients game based on Boudica's revolt in 61AD.So,just in case my suggestion is upheld by the group,I "fished" around for a suitable Boudica figure in my Rumble box.Now a few weeks ago Paul gave me a figure which he got at Partizan-I think it was supposed to be Queen Matilda, and it looked ideal once a few alterations were made.The figure was holding a book(Bible?) and was wearing a crown-they both had to go!-the crown was filed off and the book was Clipped off,to be replaced by a Celtic shield.

What about a chariot,I hear you say-well,a wagon chasis,two solid wheels(for effect!) and two suitable horses all from the aforesaid rumble box were all brought together,and the idea of Boudica in her chariot(description form Featherstone's Wargames through the Ages) was quickly constructed,painted and is now ready to lead her British Warbands to Victory over the hated Romans!!!..........................



Boudica,in all her glory-my painting skills are not great,but I managed to get eyes on her!!!


See!-Cor,what a smasher!!


The Chariot c/w white horses-the solid wheels are obviously not historically correct(is any of this project?) but lend a certain something to the model(I think!!)




Boudica mounted(steady!) in the chariot,and ready for the off-only needs to be flocked.


All aboard the Watling Street Express!-no matter which period we decide to represent at Carronade,Boudica will be on the table!!!-Because it's Christmas,maybe she should give a lift to a couple of "hitch-hikers".................


Oh dear-sanity will come back in the new year(maybe!)












































6 comments:

  1. Brilliant Boudicca !
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,good to hear from you-all the best for 2023(I didn't think I'd make to 2000!!)
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great conversion work matey! All the best, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job. Good job we aren't in the 15C or you might be burned at the stake for damaging a bible!
    Happy New Year, like to get in quick, cos the networks get overloaded on the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI James-it's a long time since I've had a steak!!-thanks for wishes,same to you,keep reading and giving comments.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete