Tuesday 26 March 2024

The Sambre 57BC

I have at last finished my 15mm Imperial Roman army,and have added some more Gauls to face them!-I intend refighting the battle of the Sambre (57BC) using the new armies instead of the Caesarian legions as per history..................


Top photo shows my "inspiration" from the book by Charles Grant,The Ancient Wargame,bottom photo shows the terrain and table layout I will be using-the Roman forts were under construction when the battle began.


This shows the Legions in a dispersed manner,constructing the forts.




The signal for the tribes to attack has been given-the game will begin,probably tonight,and a full report(move by move?) will follow.I will,of course, be using my Globally acclaimed "Red Pom-Pom Rules!"-really looking forward to it.















 

2 comments:

  1. Looks smashing John. Enjoy the fray. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,what a "fray" it turned out to be-read battle report!
      johnc

      Delete