Friday 26 April 2024

Ahoy Ship Mates!

Having had a hearty tea of ship's biscuits and a tot of rum,my thoughts strayed to the high seas and Naval wargames-well they would wouldn't they???

My ships are all very old(like me!) and started life as pencil sharpeners! a very quick paint job and thread for rigging,plus a blue base,and off we go.For rules I adapted my red pom-pom rules,using the same method of 4 pom-poms and the ship is sunk-this is how I got on..................



 All I needed for a great couple of hours gaming-explanations follow!


Coloured markers to identify class of ship and speed of movement-big brightly coloured card shows that a ship has been sunk-simple but effective.



The fleets,British in the front,French behind-bottom photo shows the "pencil sharpener" aspect!!



The dice have been thrown and the ships have been given their ratings-yellow for second rate,red for first rate and no marker for third rate,now let's get on with the game.

An easy way of remembering which ships are third rate-minus two from dice,and first rate, plus two onto dice-when you get old you need these types of things.


Ready for the off-British on far side of table.


Top photo shows the measuring stick in operation,bottom shows the first action-two dice thrown for each side,the loser gets a red pom-pom,and each pom-pom is minus one from the dice,at four pom-poms the ship is sunk!!!



Top photo shows the first ship sunk,bottom shows a first rater against a second rater.


End of the game-a French win!-I played several games over the afternoon,and enjoyed each one,what next I wonder??
























































No comments:

Post a Comment