Wednesday 14 October 2020

"Ambush" preview 15mm.

As indicated in my last blog,my next 15mm battle,as part of my Gallic campaign,will be an Ambush situation,so I thought I would post a few photographs of the scenario,terrain and troop deployment -I hope to fight this battle tomorrow,but we'll see!



Top photo is the scenario,bottom is the terrain map,showing where I intended to place the troops.



Top photo shows the Roman troops,the Legion formed up to face the threat,whilst the rest of the troops,Cavalry,Baggage and Auxiliaries are still in column-bottom photo is the detail of the Legion-10 cohorts against 8 warbands!

The column,trudging its weary way forward,not a care in the world-until...................



Oh dear-where did they come from?



I'm really looking forward to this one!

One last photo,taken in my local post office-is that really me peering out from the card stand???


Or is it the dreaded Corona Madness?-keep safe.




































6 comments:

  1. Well the Romans have found themselves in a worse pickle... and were massacred! Good luck with this one. It ain't going to be easy. Cheers, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-It wasn't!!!!!!-see next blog.
      cheers,johnc

      Delete
  2. Scarily that does look like you!!! I've never heard your ho-ho-ho so will reserve judgement as to whether you actually ARE Santa Claus until I see what's under the tree this year :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-has Boris cancelled Christmas this year,or can I practice my Carol Singing in the bath tonight? Ho,bloody, Ho,Ho!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Haha ho ho ho I very much look forward to reading how the ambush went mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read on Mc Duff!-these games are tiring me out-I sometimes believe I'm actually there fighting in the battles for real!!!How did your solo go?
      johnc

      Delete