Monday 8 February 2021

What's Going on?

I have been a bit "lax" on the blog/game front for the past few days-THE WIFE has been diagnosed with Stenosis of the Spine ,so a couple of hospital visits have ensued,then we were called for our Covid vaccinations,then the cold weather etc.etc.etc! but I still managed to get an ECW game using my newly painted Cuirassier figures,kindly supplied by Chris,via Steel Fist Miniatures!!


Vaccination Station!!very well organised,in and out within 30 minutes!



Scenario and table set up.


All troops in positions,ready for another exciting and interesting game(mainly due to my terrible dice throwing!)


Top are the Royalist Cuirassiers,bottom are the Parliamentarian Cuirassiers-both did very well against lighter cavalry-as you would expect!!



Fire-fights,then Push of Pike-what more could you ask for in an ECW game? As the game progressed,it became apparent that the Parliamentarians couldn't take any of their objectives,so the Royalists were given the victory-I suppose in wargames terms,you could call it a draw(the casualties were exactly equal,but objectives were not taken!!!)

The "boys" are in regular touch with me and all are doing well and painting like it's going out of fashion-come on "boys" give us some photo's of what you are painting!!

Two final photo's..............................



My little "Wonder Girl" three years old today!
















































12 comments:

  1. Great photos, hope they can help your wife with her spine and an excellent looking game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Alan,thanks for concern-it's getting her down a bit,but we live in hope,take care.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great to see you pottering round John. I cant wait for my vaccination, I always liked a little prick. Best of luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,we had the Pfizer jab-no side effects whatsoever!This cold "snap" is keeping me out of the garage(clubhouse!) so gaming is minimal,and I haven't any figures to paint-it's only the Rum that's keeping me going!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about Mrs. Coutts' malady... any sort of back trouble is bad news. I hope treatment works. Steelfist are lovely figures, but so far I've held of buying their Renaissance range as they are rather expensive. Impressive superhero miniature in the last pics.
    Best regards Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike,thanks for your comments,decision to be made ref THE WIFE-surgery or pain-killers-I think she'll go for the pain-killers.Superhero is keeping me going two days a week-we can learn so much from children!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Love to Daph. Aren’t these strange times. The vaccination centre looks so odd. Glad you’ve had your jabs though. Pleased to see that the cuirassiers have waved their pistols in anger. Huzzah! I know that Dave and Paul have been busy painting. I’ve a new toy... a 3D printer!!! So far I’ve printed a pirate penguin (test figure), box barricades, a wood pile, a Viking hut and a Dalek shuttle. It’s exciting tech! Fascinating watching it print. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chris-it's getting her down,but,as usual,I clown around and try and lift her spirits.Paul told me you had a 3d printer-the technology behind that does my head in-I know how clothes pegs work,but after that I'm "stuffed!"-I've looked on line(listen to me-on line!!) and watched a demo.-bloody hell-it's witchcraft!!!
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s exactly how I described it at first. Gone from scared of it to excited about it. I’m looking at printing a 28mm armoured train...! Keep clowning and making Daph smile. Sure Wonder Woman can do that too! Ferdie used to have a Wonder Woman romper suit when he was little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,I'm sure you'll be getting requests/orders for various items soon!!
      johnc

      Delete
  7. Maybe you need to cast some figures. Entertaining and warming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,funny you should say that-I've been pondering,for a while, over maybe casting some 40mm SYW Prince August figures!!
      johnc

      Delete