Friday 4 November 2022

 Rubicon Flakpanzer IV

I have been a busy lad and gutted the man cave. The dyson even made an appearance! (For those readers less exposed to the domestic aspect of life it's a vacuum cleaner)

Of course lots of boxes and bags of figures were rearranged and precisely positioned on the shelves. That's when I started chucking out the rubbish and notes. 

As mentioned in my previous blog about the above model, there are alternative parts of the kit to make a German PzKw IV, which contributes the bulk of the hull for the flak model kit. Having found these spare sprues, I decided to not waste any of the options, hence the following.

The strange grey shape in the second pic is a template to help align the secondary armour skirting used by the late war German tanks to improve protection. 

A bit fiddly but far easier and less prone to gluing myself than the alternatives.

Of course I had to have chosen a three colour scheme of camouflage on the original flakpanzer, so if I was to have a multi weapon option I'd have to match the pattern. 

More sponge dabbling, some inking of the seams and some decals and voila. 

Rubicon are my favourite as far as value for money that's for sure !




Both variants out of the same kit

2 comments:

  1. Looks top. Great that you can field as two types. Does the template come with? Rubicon are clearly thoughtful folk. Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking Paul-did you know that a STUG is not a tank??
    johnc

    ReplyDelete