Tuesday 24 January 2023

ACW game and 15mm 7YW figures.

On Sunday,Graham,Dave ,Paul and I had a fantastic ACW game at Dave's house,featuring hundreds of figures on his custom built terrain.


The scenario was a simple attack/defence game,but what a game it turned out to be,with lots of manoeuvre,counter attacks,officers killed and targets missed-in fact everything you could wish for in a wargame!-The two photo's above show the table lay-out.



Action all the way!!-Dave was up against Graham,whilst Paul and I battled it out on the "Rebel" left flank.

Graham attacked Dave's position,behind the wall,with three brigades,supported by a gun battery which must have been commanded by "Blind Pew"-in 12 game moves he hit a target once!!-he was not happy!!!!(but Dave was!) Brigade after Brigade wasted itself against the wall-magnificent stuff.



On my flank,I have managed to stop Paul's attack,by charging into him,and marching onto his right flank,however as opposed to Graham's "Blind Pew" battery,Pauls guns were "Laser Guided" and did massive injury to my brigades-things were on a knife edge!!


Top photo shows the climax of Graham's attack("Blind Pew" doesn't look too happy-in fact Graham sacked him and replaced him with Colonel Stevie Wonder!!)-bottom photo shows the grand tussle on my flank-Paul has advanced onto "my" hill and is advancing onto my right flank-however I stopped him(only just) by skirmish fire,and by putting a regiment onto his flank from the woods-absolutely cracking stuff!

One final shot-Graham has thrown in the towel-Wargame equivalent is putting the figure's box on the table???-Dave valiantly held his hill/wall and flank,and I still held Paul at bay on the Rebel left,so a Confederate victory was declared-hurrah!-this was a great game,and well fought by us all(even "Blind Pew" added to the excitement of the game)-roll on next Sunday,maybe at my house,if temperatures remain above freezing!!

On Thursday,700(PLUS) figures "plopped" through my letterbox from Lancashire Games-these were the 15mm 7YW figures I ordered a couple of weeks ago-in my usual haste to get things painted and based,I have now got two British and two French "regiments" finished-I am very pleased with the figures, which suit my painting style and standard-the figures are very animated and have enough detail to more than satisfy my needs-I will post photographs when I get more painted,but in the meantime,here are the British I have so far.



One Grenadier Regiment,and one line regiment,based but not flocked.


Same two regiments,but flocked_I am using a high gloss yacht varnish which takes for ever to dry,but the effect is just what I wanted.




















































 

4 comments:

  1. It looked a cracking game John, your lads all look very serious and troubled. You werent telling them the club dues were going up were you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,of course we look serious-there's a war on in Ukraine you know!!-see you at York??
      johnc

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of folded arms. Probably Dave hadn’t got the heating on cos he’s poor… anyhoo super looking game. ACW is a favourite period of mine. And I may favour the South… Good work on the SYW 15mm figures. Knew you’d have them painted in no time flat! They look very nice indeed for 15mm. I’m still not really painting as I’ve the unwanted ancients commission to get out of the way :-/ all the best and see you soon, Chris

    ReplyDelete