Tuesday 7 April 2020

Painting update

Day 6 of isolation

Here are a few snippets of the armour that I'm painting as
well as some other activities usually reserved for rainy days!


These are the lost three Italian M13/40's that I had forgotten Dave had given me to paint.
They make up the seven resin tanks that I'd started painting .

A base coat of black over painted by desert yellow
Meanwhile all tanks need some decals and ID markings don't they?

Italians had a great and simple way to ID their armour
Each colour was the company, Red=1st Blue=2nd etc.
Line bars for the platoon so one bar =1st platoon, two bars =2nd platoon

I've yet to paint the tank numbers under the colour block..

And why not just buy the decals?
Well they're in West Herrington and I'm not ha ha.

Here are my carrier section getting near completion complete with baggage and weapons

  
and crew of course

One of the consequences of isolation is that you notice things
that were't so obvious under "normal conditions" 
So I decided to arrange the books back into their
correct order, period and campaigns... yes sad!

OCD satiated and even a visit by the 
dust fairy who magically cleaned the shelves and revealed tops..


Finally I've long been wanting to have my late 
Uncle Matthew's medals on display.

Matthew Mason 
Pioneer Corps

Like many of our relatives he saw no personal merit in these 
and in fact never opened the box they were delivered in.

His post war years weren't very good for him and I'm certain 
he's be classed as a PTSD victim today
Very proud of this man who has my son named after him. 
x


North Africa Star, The Italy Star and France and Germany Star
as well as the 1939-1945 Star and War Medal 1939-1945



Thank you for the kind inquiries about Janet, who has recovered 
from feeling unwell and can even smell things again!
Take care everyone and catch up soon


4 comments:

  1. Paul,you should be rightly proud of your uncle ,Mathew-he got around!!
    Well done with the painting-when,do you think,we'll get them onto the table??-glad Janet is ok,my neighbour,who is a nurse,has had the virus,so it's getting too close for comfort I think!
    Keep posting "things"
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this rate they'll be completed before we are all released

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great medal display and doesn't Uncle Matthew look like you! Take care. Stay well, Chris

    ReplyDelete