Wednesday 15 April 2020

Ramblings and new project.

To keep myself occupied during my self violation,I have been painting an eclectic mix,found in my "rumble box"-the latest offering are some Successor Phalangites.


These are the little fellas-the hardest job I had with them is hand painting the Stars on their shields,it took me ages!-what do you mean,they look like SASCO chart stickers-as if!!!

Suitably based and flocked,now to add them to the growing number of painted items,on the garage windowsill...........................


What am I going to do with them???-the resident spider(about the size of a mouse!) keeps covering them in his web-hope he dies of lead poisoning-little sod!!
A while back I made some card towers ,walls and houses etc.and just to amuse myself I thought I would put them onto the board along with my card Norman castle......................



Looks quite impressive-I'm sure I could come up with a scenario involving a siege by boats/ships!
Now onto my latest project-an Auxiliary Roman Legion,made from cast-your-own Prince August figures.......................

Casting equipment-molds,clamps and gas(camping for the use of!)

Detail of one of the figures-I chop the extended arm off,attach a suitable auxiliary -type shield,and " lo and behold",a legion is born!!

First two cohorts,one started,the other just about to be under-coated!-I am distinguishing the "officers" by giving them large round shields.
Finally,as I think I've rambled on enough, I would like to sincerely thank all my World Wide readers,who are all going through the same "traumas" as us in the UK-I think it's great that so many people in the world share our great hobby-keep reading and commenting.


Good luck to you all,and keep safe.

























































































































6 comments:

  1. A productive day and some great figures on the go. I look forward to seeing more ...stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Allan,Productivity on my Romans is set to increase,and then ,maybe, some Barbarian types!!
      Thanks for comments,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Nice work on all counts... oh to have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,got to keep my mind on something positive-are you a key worker,who is not in isolation?-keep the comments coming please.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Hi John. I'm still intriguing by the Napoleonic Brits. Thought you'd sold your Napoleonic collection? Good to see all your output. Keep it up. I've been getting more done than usual what with working from home. Nice and relaxing to paint. More often than not, I'm getting beat in my solo games lol. I'm clearly a lousy general :-P Take care, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-no,I've still got my Nappies-no-one wanted them,figures too old I guess(or,more probably,too badly painted!)-The "boys" are heavily into Waterloo at the minute,but my existing figures are too small anyway.
      Regards to you all,
      johnc

      Delete