Monday 20 April 2020

Project up-date,and Coronavirus hair warning!

It's taken me a year or so to grow a "full set" ie. moustache and beard,but yesterday I decided to shave it off and reveal my face to the world again!-However,as my hair is growing at a most ridiculous rate(I tripped over it twice!!) I also decided to cut that too-now comes the warning-Do not let your wife(who is only partially sighted,and has a left hand tremble) talk you into letting her cut it for you!!!!!!


Initial reaction was one of horror-it's all supposed to be the same length!


Oh well,they say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks-I think I'll just get my whole head shaved!!!

My latest project is coming along "swimmingly"........................................

From this........................

To this in just a few days,plus,as you can see,I am also making some Barbarian types too.

4th cohort on the go,and in the background number 5-I haven't decided yet whether to make a whole legion(10 cohorts) or stick at 5,whilst making and painting some more barbarians-decisions,decisions,decisions!!
Finally,a congratulations to Pendraken(Leo and family) who have taken to producing face shields for the NHS,using their laser cutting machine-marvelous stuff,whilst still producing MDF bases for us wargamers.
Finally,finally,best wishes to my old mate Charlie Wesencraft,who recently moved into a new flat within a sort of sheltered accomodation complex , which has a case of the dreaded virus-keep safe mate!









































































12 comments:

  1. I was going to ask my wife to trim what's left of my hair, but I may not after this cautionary tale..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy matey,go on let her do it-I don't want to be the only idiot in the country!!!!
      cheers,johnc

      Delete
  2. Cracking haircut John! Just calling it the Corona Cut could make it sound trendy! I see the lockdown still hasn't stopped the painting output. Nice one.
    Best wishes to Charlie, hope he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dennis,good to hear from you,painting good,haircut not so good!!-I'll pass your best wishes to Charlie-hope you're ok,regards to Ken too.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. If Anyone wants any Info about Johns new look Type into Google Tully Crow.
    I think he may have got the Idea from this Lee Marvin Character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howay John dont scare everyone with your new hair butchery. If you put lard in the mop and painted yourself blue you could pretend to be an ancient Briton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,what do you mean,pretend to be an ancient Briton-I am an ancient Briton!!!!!
      Painted blue I could pass for an "oompa lumpa"
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Now that cheered us up on a night... Janet's dissapointed the beard went though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,well,I only grew it because Daph and I were having a competition to see who could grow a full set the fastest-and she won!!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. John....i dont know what to say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave,it's best to say nothing at all!!
    Hope you and your mam are keeping ok.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete