Monday 24 October 2022

Battle of Kolonso 480BC.

Last night I didn't get beaten-Iwas SLAUGHTERED!!!!-I devised a perfect plan,perfect dispositions,but my notoriously bad dice throwing came into effect from the first move,and continued throughout the whole game!!-Am I bitter????.....................

Not I!!!


This is the scenario and terrain map-I commanded the Persians whilst Paul commanded the Spartans and Graham commanded the Athenians and Corinthians.


Initial troop dispositions-the game was setup to see who could cover the flanks of their army without compromising the game as such.




The Spartans,the Immortals and the first clash-which I lost!! Maybe I will do better in the centre?


The centre and right wing closing-with so many units involved,surely by the law of averages I will win some melees???


NO!! not a bloody one,but what about the left wing(versus Spartans)......................

NO!! not a bloody one!!!!! Maybe after a strong cup of coffee.............................


No,no,no,no,not a bloody one-dejected and humiliated,I conceded-what could cheer me up??


Hmmmm!

After all was said and done,I actually enjoyed the game,as did Graham and Paul,so roll on next week,and get well soon to Dave and Brian.




















































 

11 comments:

  1. Ah, the vagaries of the dice gods! -I know them well!
    Perhaps the errant cubes should be sacrificed to the flames?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herky-good idea! Hope ypu are well-will we see you at Stockton?
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Good,we are putting on a Wellington in India game-colourful!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Is there no limits to your talents John. Persians? My favourite ancient army. I thought mine were gaudy, but once again you've outdone yourself. Its also good to see you couldnt throw a decent dice to save your life.Great game by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,if you read Sherridan,s history of Persian uniforms,you will see that all my colours are correct in every detail-gaudy is as gaudy does!!-glad you,re ok-see you at Stockton?
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Looks like everyone enjoined themselves, even the loser!
    Memorable game, to be talked about for years hence no doubt. Dame! Fortune has her own ways to be sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James-after all,I keep telling myself,it's just a game!!!-great fun was had by all.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Surely the opposition were just in league with the Devil?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that he is the Devil!!.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete