Tuesday 5 December 2023

New approach(photo's!)

 My IT department(SON!) has shown me how to download photo's,but,like all persons who know their way around computers,it was a super fast lesson,which I only hope I can remember!!

Battleground show was superb,as usual,and I managed(despite recovering from a serious bout of Sciatica) to get to the Bring and Buy tables,picking up a very nice MDF Roman Fort.



This shows the Fort in its entirety,plus a few figures to show the scale(28mm)



These two shots show the alternative towers(more permanent fort?) you can use!


Plus two tents!!-I will have to wait a few weeks until I can come up with some scenario,but no doubt I will!!


I have finished my 15mm Jacobites-Clans,cavalry and artillery-and I must admit it was a bit of a "chore" towards the end,but,again,I will have to think of some scenarios,when I feel fit enough to stand at my "solo" table

Now that I know(?) how to download my photographs,I will hopefully be able to "blog" weeekly from now on.
























11 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice purchase , fierce Jacobites and perhaps an excuse to sing Roman in the Glomin ?
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan-as always you put a smile on my face-cheers,
      johnc

      Delete
  3. You have confused me John. Perhaps I missed something in earlier posts having not been 'around the blogs' for ages. Perhaps I am simply thick.
    How have you downloaded and uploaded photos on the blog for all of these past years?!
    Whatever the answer, it's a grand looking fort and we'll look forward to more posts!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently my computer has change the usual format to a different "APP"(I haven't a clue what that means-my son explains it by saying don't worry dad,it's magic!!)-thanks for comment,more blogs on the way!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! The fort looks ace and what a bargain. Good work with the 15mm. I look forward to after action reports aplenty. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Chris,thanks for comment-more blogs will surely follow!
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Looks goood, sorry about the old sciatica. You are streets ahead of me with the tech. stuff, I would like to blog, YouTube and Zoom, but it ain't gonna happen. I fight enough with auto text buffering up my correct typing, and being unable to make a comment on YouTube or some blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI James-my "skill" in IT revolves around the "Monkey see,Monkey do" technique-relying on my IT department(son)-Sciatica went away last week,but has now returned in a milder form-ho hum,getting old is no fun!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Great layout, sorry to read of the sciatica. Hope it goes away, colder weather didn't help. You are ahead of me in the tech. world.

    ReplyDelete