Wednesday 15 March 2023

15mm update.

I don't know if I've mentioned this,but I'm retired and find that there's always something to do,especially on the wargaming front!! This week,so far,I made some "hexes" to fit in with my Kallistra terrain(what a bloody job that was!!) so I could make some woods,and also a couple of bridges....................


Top shows the "template"-using protractors,rulers craft knives,I eventually made enough for my trees-bottom photo-it was enough to drive me to drink(??)


Simple bridge-card,plastic walls and doll's house brickwork for the "road"-practical if not pretty!!



Two shots of the "forest" after being "flocked",just need a couple of grass tufts to finish them off.


All "tufted" and ready to go-I like the look of them!



Two shots of the bridges "in situ",but what of the trees?



Very effective(I think!) and worth the effort-they are being used in a small game I had last night,using all the figures I have managed to paint so far ie 12 infantry regiments,6 cavalry regiments and 6 guns per side-about the same still to do!





Finally,a couple of photo's showing the game we hope to put on at Falkirk in May-can you guess what it is???

Roll on Sunday,we will be playing an Ancients game-Pyrrus vs Romans!












































 

4 comments:

  1. Your talents never cease to amaze me John, ruler, protractor, pencil? The hexes do look good and were worth the effort. By the way Ive got a lovely box of 15mm deciduous trees gathering dust if your interested. It will mean you will have to spend some money, but not a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,haven't you heard there's a cost of living crisis-will you accept the 10 Euros that I tendered to you at Gateshead???
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great crafting yet again mate. Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris-I really like the "toy soldier" look of my solo setup!


      Delete