Tuesday 9 January 2024

A very happy new year game.

On Sunday,Paul,Dave and I had a great tonic of a game featuring Romans against British Tribes,it was a fitting way to start the new year.



 Top photo shows Dave's Legion leaving the fort to assist Paul who has been attacked,and is fighting for his life(bottom photo)

My troops have exposed themselves(steady!) and are attempting to form a line on Dave's right flank-of course he didn't fall for that!!-Paul is still fighting on the ridge,but my dice throws were nothing short of miraculous,killing officers left right and centre-how much longer can this good luck go on for???


Top photo shows Dave's legion forming up to meet my inevitable charge,bottom shows my triumphant warbands gaining ground,move by move-even my cavalry are knocking Paul's cavalry all over the place-what could possibly go wrong????



The infamous John's crappy dice throwing that's what!!-I started losing officers and ground gained at such a cost-I had to even put my cavalry commander into the melee to try and gain extra points-guess what happened??-yes,he got killed-destroying the morale of his troops and starting a rot that couldn't be stopped-HELP!!-the warbands on the ridge look terribly "fragile" and on the point of breaking- let's hope the Legion isn't doing as well..................


Oh dear,the Legion,although losing a few melees and officers,were holding their own(steady again!) and with a superb looking second line,were giving my warbands a jolly good licking(steady again and again!!)-looks like the end-but how about the ridge,surely some good news...........


Oh no!! with warbands in full retreat and cavalry about to go beserk on my flank,I had to call it a Roman victory!!-This was a great game and an excellent start to 2024's gaming-well done to Paul and Dave-hopefully we will have Graham and Brian with us next week.

































2 comments: