Monday 1 January 2024

Fort McCloud 1745.

In my last blog I said I would try and come up with a "proper" scenario,so I thought of this little "teaser"-Fort McCloud

The script is a bit light,but the "gist" of it is a relief column is on its way to re-provision the Fort,and will be attacked by some hidden Clans-when the fort Garrison goes to its aid,they,in tiurn, will be attacked!!



Top photo shows the table,bottom is a detail of the Column-the twist to the game is that the column troops were supposed to be "useless",but in fact were "crack" troops coming to relieve the garrison!!!

The view some of the hidden Clans had of the approaching column.


The Cland have exposed themselves(!!) and charged from their hiding places-the bottom Clans are impeded by the cattle,so lost their impetus bonus-you couldn't make this rubbish up!!


The Garrison troops have heard the noise and leave the fort,heading towards the bridge.



The other hidden clans expose themselves too(must be a Scottish thing!),but the garrison troops form up and deliver a devastating volley,backed up with a cannister shot from the gun-the Clans did not like it!! 


The column attackers were getting a jolly good hiding from the "crack" troops guarding the column,and eventually broke off the fight and retired(it's good being retired!) back to the woods,allowing the column to resume the advance,thus threatening the flank of the other clans.



Top photo shows the resumed advance of the column,bottom shows the other clans retiring from the garrison troops-all in all a brilliant victory for the "English" troops!!

I don't know if you know or not but the film ZULU was on last night,and to celebrate,I put on my old uniform,poured a glass of Rum and watched what must be the "umpteenth" time-classic!!!



Spit boy,spit!!!!!!!Cheers to you all and a very happy and peaceful 2024.























































 

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year John! You’d set those poor clansmen up, I say. Poor saps. Zulu is my favourite movie. I never get bored of it. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Chris,I'm enjoying my solo stuff again,but still planning "club" games-ZULU!!-I'd forgotten some of the words,but not many!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Excellent.. Happy New Year to you and the guys..

    ReplyDelete