Wednesday 10 March 2021

Look who came to visit ! 

So there was I, confined to barracks when the door knocked. Amazon ? Royal Mail ?

No, all of the parcels in the north east have been delivered. 

There are no more things left to buy !

It was none other than a fellow inmate and friend John. 

Apparently good news had been announced .. not sure if the Angel Gabriel had confirmed it but we can go out for walks. Halleluiah.

So after lots of chat and natter at the door, the voice of reason, Janet , said I could go out to play ... or was that Doris ? You know, he's that bloke down south.

Who cares, shoes and coat on and out I went. Really good to talk of games, painting and the usual stuff that has the rest of the family rolling eyes and nodding approval at the right times whilst feigning attention.

We are both looking forward to more walks and eventually getting down to some serious gaming.


Brian, there's your intro about fishing! Carpe something???

Stay safe and enjoy the moment.

17 comments:

  1. Paul,really enjoyed the walk and chat-next week??
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you, if only I had a friend to gan for a walk with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,I've got an imaginary friend called Rupert-I'll ask him if he'll go for a walk with you!!!!-It'll soon be over-Boris said so.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Terrific news! Enjoy the walking, talking and planning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan-it really was a treat,long may it continue-hope you're ok.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello Ross-I'll echo that sentiment.cheers.
      johnc

      Delete
  5. I wouldnt have opened the door Paul. You know that something will have been borrowed, begged or cadged from you by this neer'do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,you missed out the word "stolen"-you're slipping!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Surprised you could see him with all that camouflage on! Great post providing light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike-well,it beats "double denim!" keep commenting-good stuff,and you're right,there's now a chink of light at the end of a very long tunnel.
      johnc

      Delete
  7. Now Pauls also retired you will be able to collect wild flowers in the summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you lot stop talking about being retired! I am now the only local member of Westerhope WG making an honest living!

      Delete
    2. Brian.now that I've remembered,how's your collection of train numbers coming on???
      johnc.

      Delete
  8. Dave,Honest??-I've had my Note recalled due to "air-bag danger"!!!!!
    When are you going to finish your blog??
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only responsible fir the metal bits John....somebody else dies airbags lol...I tried to write a blog entry the other day and everything has changed! Couldn't figure it out ha ha

      Delete
    2. Yo Dave-only following orders eh??-as for changes to blog-tell me about it,changes almost every time I go onto my computer thingy.Things were so much simpler in my day-chimney fires and pit ponies-ah the memories!!!-hope you're ok,cheers.
      johnc

      Delete