Tuesday 30 March 2021

Cross my Palm(s) with silver!

For the past few years I have been using Coconut Palms as any old Palm Tree for my Sudanese,El Cid,in fact any deserty-type game that we play-but of course it's not correct!-so what to do??

THE WIFE,is always ordering "stuff" from Amazon(have you heard of them?) and she always asks if I want anything-well,this time I did-I asked her to order me some proper Palm Trees-within two days they arrived..............................



24 assorted sizes(6/5/4/3 inch high palms)-they didn't have bases with them,apparently because they are classed as "cake toppers!-what kind of cake would have palm trees on it??-so I got out my trusty box of washers,and got to work with No Nails,UHU and Superglue!



Palms galore-plastic,nicely coloured,and I think, quite realistic looking,not bad for £17.50.



Top photo shows the palm on its shiny washer base,bottom shows the palm on its MDF base.


I mounted them in singles,doubles,threes and a couple of fours,for variation-the bases wre old ones that I had,so no extra expense!-I "tetrioned" the washers and any bits of the bases that showed the MDF poking through,dipped them in "flock" and...............................



The finished articles-watch out for them soon!!!







































 

6 comments:

  1. Nice palms John. Surely they won’t be in your next game with Paul ;-) know Dave has been looking for palms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,you know me,the bloody things will "pop up" in every type of game from now on!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Palmtastic, great work. Will look lovely on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,good to hear from you,I must admit they do look the business,so look out for them soon!,cheers.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Dave-desert warfare and all that??? hope to see you soon.cheers.
      johnc

      Delete