Wednesday 17 March 2021

Never Idle!

Funny title,but true,there always seems to be something to do,for example, Chris sent me a box of his 3D printed stuff(which was mistaken for a Mother's Day pressie!!!!unopened because I assumed that it was for THE WIFE,on Sunday-obviously didn't look at the name on the box!!!-imagine the surprise on THE WIFE's face when she opened it-oh how we laughed!)


This is the stuff that Chris sent-a wood pile,a stack of barrels,some boxes and two Fu(Foo?) dogs.Detail is great-I still can't wrap my mind around the technology involved-I'm sure Brian will help me out on this! Had to paint them asap!!


Painted to my usual high standard-I'm actually quite pleased with the result-they will be used in many and, differing, scenarios and periods!

But what next can I turn my idle mind and hands to? Kallistra terrain pieces-well turned out but a bit bland,I think........................


They definitely need something to give them a bit of "life"................................


THE WIFE was throwing out some plastic flowers that adorn our house(I know,I know!) so I salvaged these pieces,and with a bit of drilling and and pushing,achieved........................



Now that looks better!

I had a colonial game last week,that was a disaster!! so I'm only going to post the two photographs that made me grin........................


The British Rocket Battery fires-where will it land????

Right in amongst the bloody Egyptians,that's where!!!!-This was the only British success of the game-I was gutted!!

Next blog soon!













































 

6 comments:

  1. The perfect Mother's Day present (!) and some skilled recycling of plastic flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark MOT-thanks for comment-made me smile-but please don't mention the plastic flowers!!!cheers,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Hi John. You’ve done a fab job of the 3D printed pieces. Hope you get lots of use out of them. Great up cycling of the artificial flower pieces. Waste not, want not. And we all have colonial disasters... frequently... Rockets are great fun. Sooo unpredictable :-P Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris-Daph is trying to convince me that everyone has plastic flowers!!! I enjoyed painting the 3D items-great detail,see you soon??
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Hopefully this year! Bring Daph some new plastic flowers right? Paul has an idea to hire out a hall...

      Delete
    3. Chris,re plastic flowers-you wouldn't dare!!!
      Hall sounds a good idea-Border Reiver club are now based in Westerhope,at the hall which Paul hopes to hire!
      johnc

      Delete