Sunday 5 April 2020

"Bits and Bobs".

First of all many thanks to everyone who has called me for a chat,or to find out if I need anything from the shops etc.-you're all very kind!
Brian has been busy,finishing off both his Covenanter army and his "Spartacus" army,and is starting a Viking army!!-slow down man,you'll give yourself a hernia!!!
Graham is painting Napoleonic figures like they're going out of fashion,Dave is painting loads of different figures from a variety of periods,eg. Wellington in India,Napoleonic and WW2!
Paul(who is now in "isolation" due to his wife having"Symptoms" of the dreaded virus-get well soon Janet!) is painting WW2 desert tanks and infantry-phew.
I am playing and painting all sorts...........................

"Question"-why would anyone,in their right mind,choose to paint British Napoleonic infantry
with their white cross belts and "fiddly bits"????-I finished them,but will not be painting any more for a long,long while!

Another question-which period is this figure from(ancients I guess,but what army?)
I have been "rumbling" again(no not the Brian type of "rumbling") and have picked an eclectic mix to paint next............................


Top photo is the "mix" consisting of Ancients(Phalanx types) Napoleonic Russians and Prussians(oh no,not more white cross belts and fiddly bits!!!!) and this little "gem of a German WW2 dog handler in 20mm scale!!

Under-coated and ready to go next week!
It's breaking my heart not seeing my little grand-daughter,however,being a positive type of person,her wooden building blocks gave me an idea..........................

KREIG SPEIL!!!!!!unfortunately not enough blocks of the same colour for a large game,but it's a thought(I think the isolation has finally got to me!)
Another idea came to me,actually not my idea,but one from a long time ago........................


A "table -Top Teaser"-how would you play this game out?-I have set it in ECW period,but any period can be substituted.

My solution to the "teaser"-a very lively game,and thought-provoking too!

I have been playing in a new location,ie the back bedroom,however I have had to abandon this location as the height of the bed was "breaking my back!!"-a pity really but the weather is improving,so it's back to the garage!
My latest game in a series of games in and around the village of "Brockwell" was absolutely great,and exhausting.....................


Top photo is scenario,bottom is terrain lay-out(river is cardboard,painted blue!)

The Royalists are in position as the Parliamentarians march onto the board.


Early action all along the board,a stout defence of the positions was eventually eroded away,giving the New Model Army a wonderful and well deserved victory!

Victory!!!
My face has now healed up,but for those of a nervous disposition,look away now................


I know,I know,I look better covered up!!
Keep safe.




















































































































































































































4 comments:

  1. Great to seeing the photos of your hobby progress. You look a dandy highway man indeed in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allan-stick 'em up!!-but what and where????
    Thanks for comment.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have you apologised to Paul's wife yet because theres no doubt you have given her the lurgy.By the way instead of a bandanna have you tried those large green garden rubbish bags to make an anti virus jacket. They are very effective and no one can see you when you're out for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,what kind of medication have they got you on???-saw your latest paintings,very nice,good blog too-thought provoking,for next year!
      johnc

      Delete