Friday 4 December 2020

Viking Shieldwall.

Next year,2021,I intend doing a Viking campaign based in Spain (the Vikings,not me!) and as part of my meticulous(ridiculous?) planning I decided I would need a "shieldwall" for a couple of the battles-but I don't have a "shieldwall"-so what to do?-well,make one of course!



 These two photo's show the first stage-ie. sticking existing shields onto a card base,the base is lined ready to fold when the second stage is reached.


Second stage-shields painted(roughly!) and ready to be photo-copied!


Shields photo-copied "umpteen" times,and ready for the next stage.


Card cut to size,the photo-copied shields will be stuck onto the card,for the final stage.


Top photo shows the card and photo-copied sheet ready to be stuck(with good old UHU!) Bottom photo shows the result that I wanted to achieve-crude,I must admit, but this is representational and won't be used in every Viking game that I have.


A couple of shots showing the finished article-as you can see I have made enough for 4 units(which is one ship-full!) and will serve my purpose,so roll on next year!


































5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Allan-cunning is my middle name(well,actually it's William!)-I hope it will suffice to indicate which units are in a shieldwall,and that was my aim-thanks,again,for your comments.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Hi John. Don’t know if that link will work. Still from The Last Kingdom. I think you need a second row of shields underneath and overlapping the top ones. Maybe in two more colours. Your shieldwall does the job. It’ll be clear that the warriors have taken a defensive stance. Great crafting yet again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-I don't do linky-thingy's-I did think of painting legs beneath the shields,but my first effort made them look like "willys"!!! so I abandoned that idea,after all it's purely to indicate which units are in shieldwall dispositions-keep 'em coming!
      johnc

      Delete