Tuesday 6 September 2022

B.O.B.-back on blog!

Because I haven't been too well lately(Trigeminal Neuralgia!!) I have neglected the blog-my apologies.But now that I'm responding to the drugs,I feel alot better-the frequency has diminished but not the severity of pain-so I have re-connected to my blog-hurrah!! 

I had a few hours at Charlie Wesencraft's house  a couple of weeks ago-he was showing me a new game he has devised-at 94 he is still devising games,methods etc to improve his wargaming-what a guy!!

His new game has sections of not-so new methods but was entertaining nevertheless!

The rest of the "boys" are painting furiously-Brian is painting a Dark Age Irish army,which he hopes will beat my Viking Army-no chance matey!! Graham is painting Peninsular Spanish,Portuguese,German,British and French-when will it ever end,and most importantly,when will we ever see them on the board?????-as well as his mountainous collection of WW2 tanks etc.-come on Graham,let's see them in action!

Paul and Dave have finished their WW2 desert project,which we hope to display at Border Reiver show at Gateshead on the 17th of this month-looking forward to that!

I have received,after a bit of a delay(but understandable) a bunch of Koreans,from Warrior-they are painted and ready to face the dreaded Mongols any time soon-the Mongols invaded Korea 4 times!! and never really beat them-we'll see!!

I have taken to another bout of solo games,starting with ECW,using my 15mm armies and "red pom-pom" rules!



A simple attack/defence game,keeping me out of mischief!

I will endeavour to keep the blog going on my "usual" weekly basis from now on.









7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates mate. Sorry to hear about your illness sounds debilitating just from the fancy name. Looking forward to seeing all the “boys” at Border Reiver. Take it easy, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris-I'm looking forward to Border Reiver too-I probably won't be participating in a great way-\ww2 not my scene-but will be there!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Glad things are getting a bit better for you. What's the story with Warrior? Website still says " no orders". Cheers Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,good to hear from you-Warrior are still taking orders-I put one in on Friday,and John said he would get it out to me ASAP! I really hope he gets back up to speed-such a nice guy.
      johnc

      Delete
    2. That's good to know thanks. I'll pop one in and see what happens.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are recovering, you had me worried, take it easy for a bit. Oh, you do, you're retired. So am I it's great!
    I always think an ailment or illness sounds more dramatic if it's prefixed with Galloping,or Acute.
    Enraged is good one.
    Enraged goiter.mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James-slow but sure I say!-The drug I'm taking has a "confused factor" in it-sometimes I can't remember things and am so forgetful-the WIFE says nothing new there then!!!-thanks for concern.
      johnc

      Delete