Monday 6 February 2023

York,and 15mm update.

On Sunday we packed ourselves into Dave's car and set out for Vapnartak show at York racecourse.I didn't take any photographs of the halls and games like I usually do,because many others will do it justice far better than me-the show was of the usual very high standard,traders galore,games galore,and punters galore(it's a pity "pussy" wasn't there,then I could have said PUSSY GALORE!!)-we spent,and spent and spent,figures, terrain,paints,brushes ,you name it and we bought it!!!-food seemed to be the main priority!!


You'd think they'd never been fed for weeks!!-I want no comments about Paul's sausage!!

The inevitable happened,we spent hours trying to avoid him,but like the proverbial "bad penny" he turns up,invites himself onto our table,begs for tea and biscuits-ROBBIE!!!!


It was good to bump into old friends and make new ones-long may it continue!

I bought two items,some stream sections from Kallistra,and three buildings at the Bring and Buy,from our old mate John..................



I am very pleased with the stream sections,and have enough to give a lot of variations,the buildings go very well with the figures, which I am painting at a fair old rate of knots.














8 comments:

  1. Great to see you all. It was a very busy show and hopefully successful for all concerned. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,good to see you too,your game seemed to go down well-bloody hard work though!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Lucky you getting to York, for me its a show too far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herky,it is quite a journey I must admit,but worth it-see you nearer home-thanks for comment.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Its was great to meet all your followers at the show. Im not certain the mask you were wearing was a good idea, but it did improve your looks. Sadly its true what they say, the television puts pounds on you. I must go on a diet. Lovely terrain by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,I hate to say this but we did enjoy your company and "crack"-might we see you at Dave's in the near future?
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Food, friends, fun and buying 'necessary' items; is it good being retired John?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete