Thursday 13 June 2019

"Fannying About"

Being retired(I don't know if I've mentioned that I'm retired before!) gives you a fair bit of spare time to "fanny about",doing little jobs that you've been promising to do for a long time,but never got round to it.Well,most of my "fannying about" takes place in my garage(aka club room!) and this week I've managed to take "fannying about" to a higher level...................

First job was refreshing my ancient old stream sections,that I must have had for well over twenty years-they are made of plaster but have stood the test of time and hundreds of battles!
I re-painted the sections,and re-flocked(?) them,and they will now stand the test of time and hundreds of battles for another twenty years.

Second job-refresh and re-paint our measuring sticks-good old permanent markers!!-actually quite time consuming,but it needed doing!



I bought these three buildings- from a guy in Falkirk,and after a bit of "haggling"(I always thought that was a baby Haggis-but apparently not!!) knocked the price down to 30 pounds(English money!)
I had to make new roofs for all of them,as the originals didn't fit properly,and added a dome to one of them,and with some twigs from my garden,made a lean-to roof for one of them!-busy,busy,busy!(the dome is a plastic soap powder scoop,minus the handle)

Fourth job-basing some plastic "foliage" bought at Pound Shop(don't ask how much!!)-this foliage will appear on most of our games in the near future-promise!!
I don't know how I found time to go to work!!!















































7 comments:

  1. I can almost smell your enthusiasm LOL!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,we often can smell Brian's enthusiasm!!
      cheers,johnc

      Delete
  2. John you do know in the USA, a fanny is something totally different to what we mean by the word. Still its also very appropriate. I suppose it beats you doing a bit of shopping at the local Poundstretcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,does it really? I didn't know that,good god man where have I been these past 71 years???????
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's good to have a session like this every so often. I have recently made some new road sections out of the back of an old wardrobe and some lolly sticks. It gives one a sense of achievement and keeps the hobby budget under control. Must have a look for your plastic foliage locally.
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Davidp-I agree,it does give you a sense of achievement,plus it keeps me out of the WIFE's hair!!!-I find the Pound Shops a great source of wargaming terrain/material.
      johnc

      Delete