Wednesday 10 July 2019

Game preview for Sunday 14th July.

A few months ago I bought and painted a batch of Plains Indians and US cavalry,from Warrior Miniatures,and so far have only had two "practice" games! However,on Sunday I will be rolling them out for a full blooded game with the "boys"-we'll see how it goes!!


Top photo is the scenario,bottom photo is the table before any figures were put on it!

Grrrrrrr!


Top photo is the Oglala Sioux camp(the totem Pole could be a representation of my family Tree!!),and bottom photo is the camps with Indians in them,ready to do battle with the US cavalry.


Top photo is the head of the 7th's column,bottom photo is a detail of the 2nd's column-why they want an artillery piece,I don't know-after all the're just fighting savages armed with sharpened twigs,aren't they???-hmmmmm!!



I'm lucky enough to live about 300 yards from an auction house(Anderson and Garland) so get to see items like these quite alot-it's good to be able to see and handle weapons with history attached to them-pity I can't afford them!!!
Roll on Sunday!




























































6 comments:

  1. Is that an old Britains totem pole John?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MJT-yes,it's about the same age as me!!!
      Well spotted!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Nice selection of militaria and toys! Wish I lived near an auction house like that. I look forward to reading how the game pans out :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,if you lived near this auction house,you'd be bankrupt within a fortnight!!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Good point...! Best I spend my money on figures

      Delete