Tuesday 7 January 2020

ECW Solo project.

I've been at it again-playing with myself in the garage!! Having painted all the 15mm figures I got from Santa (ie Wife/Daughter/Sister) I have fought another battle in what I hope will be a series of battles in and around the county/town/village of Brockwell.


These are the Xmas figures-48 cavalry,4 guns and 20 crew, and some command figures-all from Warrior Miniatures (he even threw in some "extras" in the form of a lovely little cart,2 "dubious" women and a preacher!-the figures were wrapped in Xmas paper too-what a guy!!)

This is the scenario and terrain map that I used for the battle.
I have given up (for the time being?) my Kallistra hex terrain,as a bad job-unless the table is as flat as a pancake(and mine isn't!) the bloody pieces don't fit snugly and the plastic fasteners keep "plinging" off all over the place!,so I have used a green mat that I bought from Aldi,for a couple of pence, chalked on the roads and river,and the result is as follows.........................

Doesn't look too bad,with a few bits of terrain  it will look even better................................


Rudimentary,but effective,I think,now for the armies........................................

Parliamentarians in the foreground,with the Royalists waiting for them in the background!
It was obvious,to me, from my last game that I needed lots more cavalry and guns,so thanks to the chap with the long white beard,I have all I need for some good games.
I will give a detailed report on the actual game later on in the week,or early next week.































































8 comments:

  1. Nice Christmas Present.
    The mat looks really good, who needs fancy terrain?! Looking forward to the report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey,will eventually get 'round to doing the game report-glad you liked the "cheapy" terrain mat,cheers
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Nice set up John as is to be expected. I also bought an Aldi green mat although Ive never used it yet it looks very good.Enjoy the solo game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Robbie,thanks for comment and good to see you and John at Gateshead on Sunday-Brian will be getting in touch re. some Wargamers Newsletters he has got hold of.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Next we know you'll be getting the Scottish Covenanters involved. Hodden grey uniforms dead easy. Going great guns, John. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,another "project" is now under way,so no more 15mm at the moment!!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Looks very effective. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,glad you liked the "set-up"-simple,just like me!! is always best I find,cheers
    johnc

    ReplyDelete