Thursday 16 January 2020

North-South divide,and conscience!

I received some bases from Pendraken yesterday,and included were the following,which nearly gave me a heart attack!!! and clearly shows the north-south divide.............................

Very reasonable,and of course we attend the show every year-if you haven't been give it a try!

OMG!!-for twenty quid I'd want a new suit and a "dirty woman"(not necessarily in that order!)-I am reliably informed that the show is very good though!

Should "veterans" like me have a conscience?-well,just before Xmas I took my little grand-daughter to a local pet store to show her the animals(bunnies,mice,gerbils etc.) and I noticed a young man using a price gun on some very nice looking "oriental-type" buildings-he was chatting/flirting with a "bonny" young girl,and obviously not paying attention to what he was doing!-I also noticed that he wasn't changing the price on his gun whilst moving from small to large buildings,so I shuffled across and had a look-he had put £4.29 on everything!! Being a "chancer",as well as a poor old pensioner(aka mean old bugger!) I grabbed an armful and proceeded to the till,and was charged the £4.29 for each item!!!!
I have been back since and the young man and "bonny" girl were nowhere to be seen-have they been sacked/eloped/day off???-oh dear me tears at bedtime and stress by the bucketful-should I have told them their mistake?
Anyway,I now have to build up a Korean-type army to take on my Mongols,to fight in among these buildings.



Tear-stained buildings(gold fish for the use of!)


Top photo shows first two completed and flocked units,bottom photo shows units 3 and 4 ready to be flocked-but there's more!!.........................


Top is next two units ready to be under-coated,bottom is the rest of them still in the box-thousands of 'em!!































































6 comments:

  1. If he was a young fella then a bonny lass is far better than a job in a pet shop.. if you're an old bloke with bills to pay of course....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey,my sentiments exactly,bills,bills and more bills!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. We will disregard your blagging at the pet shop which I understand has now closed down, but they are very nice buildings. Surely those bald chaps are Hinchliffe cossack types? More importantly I have located those articles you were wittering about at Ardhammer John so if you would like to contact me at robbie3rodiss@msn.com we can sort out how you can get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie-Hinchliffe???-you know I only buy Warrior figures-they are very nice and finely detailed-as for "E" mailing-don't be daft!!
      I will contact you by 'phone,or better still,bring the articles to York in a couple of weeks time!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Bill - to be fair, only ten squids if you buy in advance.... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi StW,for ten quid I would want half a new suit and half a "dirty woman"-my daughter lives in London and often gives me heart attacks by telling me the price of everyday items down there-good old North East!!
      johnc

      Delete