Monday 15 June 2020

Busy,Busy,Busy-solo games.

I have had enough of painting for a while,but am playing solo games like the're coming into fashion!!
Over the past week I have played the following..................................



Treasure Island skirmish game-a good laugh!



World War 1 "Dog fight"


WW2 "Dam Buster" type game.



Plains Indians vs Wagon Train-this was a really interesting game-the woman in the centre of the wagons won the day by killing the Sioux Chief!!



A very big 7YW game-exhausting to say the least!



An ECW game-my favourite period-colouful and exciting.........................................



Action all the way,infantry blazing away at each other and cavalry galore!

I am in the planning stages of a "Jacobite" game from the 1715 rebellion,and will post the details asap.


Keep smiling.










































































12 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy John! All looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey,I'm not getting bored yet,just working my way through the zillion or so periods we fight-keep commenting,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great to see your solo games. I particularly like the wagon train circle, so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alan,my next blog will be my report on a Jacobite 1715 game which I have just finished,now that was good!
      I also liked the wagon train game-a good laugh,and lots of dice to throw!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. A great selection of games, I've just been laid up with a broken leg and can't get to my toys so looking at blogs like yours is the only gaming fun I'm going to get for the next six weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,I feel for you-hope you get well soon(6weeks?) I will try and make my game reports as entertaining as I can for you.
      johnc(william)

      Delete
  4. Hope Ben Gunn got his "Ration" Steady I meant good old English Cheddar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,funnily enough,I put two cards(one for each team) out,one marked "cheese" the other marked "no cheese"-Benny boy joined the team with "cheese" and the other team was shot at by poor old Ben Gunn!!
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Great stuff, John. A good mix of games. I look forward to some Jacobite action. Do wish I'd kept your Drumnadrochit handout... cheers Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,now you're going back a few years,but wasn't that a brilliant scenario and handout?
      Even I believed it!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Chris.. nessie even made an appearance I recall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,would you or Dave happen to have a copy?
      Hope you and Janet are still well-Daph and I are still just messing about,and taking all precautions(for the virus,not for that other thing!!)
      johnc

      Delete