Thursday 15 March 2018

Wig-Wam,what a sham(e)

Before I'd started my wig-wam project,I sent away for some Plains Indians war figures from Warrior Miniatures,hoping to start another new period.The figures duly arrived (in double quick time!) and they are magnificent-cracking detail and proportions,and poses and very easy on the pocket at 70p for a foot figure and £1.40p per mounted figure(including the horse!)
I have been painting the figures for the past three days,and I am pleased with the results,however,because we don't do skirmish type games,I wanted a fair few figures,both Indians and US cavalry,and at the moment,because of Council Tax,Gas and Electricity bills etc.etc. I can't afford them.But on the positive side,my 70th Birthday is coming up in July,so might just ask THE WIFE,and kids for a contribution then!
Here are some photo's of the figures.....................................



Top photo is all the samples,and bottom is an Indian in war bonnet-quite a bit of detail,which my painting doesn't show,but you can get the picture!



US cavalry and Buffalo!!!



Close-ups of cavalry and Indians.


One final shot-he looks mean!!!
One of the figures is Custer,so I might do a little diorama of his last stand!!
Roll on July!!!



























6 comments:

  1. Good heavens..... 70 approaching? I have cheered up as I was grumbling about being 50 this year. This looks like a project with potential for great scenery as well as figures. BTW...Hinchliffe are having a 25% off sale until the end of March (68p a figure).
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,I bought my first ever wargames figures from Hinchliffe at a cost of 9d-old money,which would equate to less than 5p now!!! but thanks for tip-i actually need some draught horses,so could look at their site.The plains indians era certainly looks like it could develop.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. There must a brush permanently attached to you...!
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,you would think so! nothing to paint now though-can't afford to expand the Plains stuff at the moment-maybe in the future(?)
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Let's see... settlers, cowboys and cattle, different native tribes, you'll clearly need more than 1 buffalo. It could very easily grow. Perhaps lends itself to multiple victory conditions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Chris!-I had thought about a "skirmish" type of game with these but it's not really our thing-but,you never know!!
      johnc

      Delete