Wednesday 6 June 2018

Game preview/Greeks vs Persians.

I have been painting (in-between sore eyes) furiously over the past two weeks,the 100 Greek Hoplites that I had ordered from Warrior Miniatures,and having finished them,I naturally had to have them on the board,and so the game of Thermopolopolis was born!!!


The scenario and table,as the "lads" will see it on Sunday.

Athenian reserve,with Spartans to their left and Thebans to their right-off picture,further right are the Corinthians.

A view from the Spartan-held far left flank,looking towards the advancing Greek Mercenaries and the Persian Immortals.

The rest of the Spartan contingent-looking menacing(as usual!)

The Persian centre and King's Bodyguard.

If he's needed,it means the Persian army is in a bit of bother!!!

Don't three hedgehogs look triple cute????

Roll on Sunday.


















































6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it John by the way how much does a Greek Urn ?
    I think the current Exchange rate is in the Tin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,exchange rate at the moment is 200 drachmas is equal to one king canute!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Cracking looking armies John I have always liked the Persian army. I see the hedgehogs are fattening up nicely, when are they going on the fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,I'm looking for some clay as we speak!!-they are taking over the garden!!
      Thanks for comment,Persians are a very colourful lot.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. That's an impressive turnout for a man with dodgy eyes... well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,I'm trying to get as much painted as possible before I'm reduced to a white cane!!
      johnc

      Delete