Monday 4 June 2018

Battle of the Strongholds.

Because my eyes are not feeling too good today,I will just print some photo's of the game we had last night,which featured Romans attacking two Alpini strongholds,and it also gave me the chance to use my Warrior Miniatures Testudos-hurrah!!


Scenario and table,before any movement.

Testudos ready to pounce!

"Pounced!!"

Opened out and fighting the defenders.

I am attacking Brian's auxiliaries,on the Roman right flank.

The "ding-dong" cavalry battle on the Roman left flank.

The Romans(Paul's command) have captured,for a while, the stronghold!!

But have failed to capture this one!!

In the centre,the Romans are contesting every inch!!


End-of-the-game shot!The Romans failed to capture the strongholds and were being given a right old lesson in Fighting,from the Alpini.-well done lads,roll on next Sunday!

Aren't two hedgehogs double cute???














































































8 comments:

  1. Lovely looking game John especially the testudo's. Well done. By the way, hedgehog taste's like pork if cooked properly. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,thanks for comment-it was a good game,plenty of action etc.etc.
      Hedgehogs are a "prickly" subject,especially on how to cook them!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great game...hope your peepers are ok soon. I find this bright sunlight a bit too much myself and have aching eyes by the end of the day. Nice pair of slippers there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,thanks for your concern-onset of glaucoma and two "progressive" cataracts doesn't help my painting!!
      Slippers?-Victor Meldrew springs to mind!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Again full of Fleas However to answer Robbie in one of my many Excursions to the Emerald Isle I was once offered a Taste it had been covered in Mud then Roasted I Sadly declined so as for Pork cannot confirm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,what do you think you're being served at your local take-a-way????
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Good Heavens and all this time I thought it was Cats!!!

    ReplyDelete