Friday 13 July 2018

Game preview and changes!

This Sunday we will be playing an English Civil War game,but I will be adopting a different approach to the whole game set-up.For years now I have been writing the scenarios,placing the terrain on the table and putting the armies in their respective positions and formations,only for the "boys" to come along and in the first move march the figures left,right and centre,up and down and roundabout,into different positions and formations!! So, what is going to change?
Well,I will still write the scenarios(unless,God forbid, one of the "boys" comes up with a one to give my poor old brain a rest!) and put the terrain onto the table,complete with the number and type of troops each side have,give an objective(s) and let them decide where and in what formation they want to place their troops!!
The games will take a little longer doing it this way,but it will solve a problem and ease my frustrations.


Top photo is the scenario,bottom is the table(denude of troops!) as the "boys" will see it as they arrive on Sunday.














8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the game and l look forward to seeing how the changes go.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allan-I think the "boys" now realise what effort I put into the games-and we did enjoy the game-see write up!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Makes sense, and could provide hours of amusment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mike,when did wargaming ever make sense???
      It was quite amusing watching the "boys" get themselves into a muddle getting the figures out of their boxes!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. "Boys" haha. Belated(?) birthday greetings ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,many thanks for greetings,I honestly didn't think I would reach 50,yet alone 70!!!

      johnc

      Delete
  4. You told me when your birthday was. My age prevents me remembering! I'm looking forward to next Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Chris,we are all looking forward to next Sunday-I think it will be a 100% turnout too.
      johnc

      Delete