Monday 4 February 2019

Vapnartak show report 2019

I really can't say much about the show that hasn't already been said before,on this blog and on others.
This year Graham(and his stepson David),Paul,Michael,Dave and I traveled down,being driven by Graham,on a cold and frosty morning(almost poetic that!)-on arrival we had a quick bite to eat,and were assailed by.........................


Robbie Rodiss,who had been let out of the asylum for Demented Detectives,for the day,and was being looked after by his full-time carer,John!!
Apart from being harassed by Robbie all day,we met lots of old friends,talked rules ,games and terrain etc.etc.-all inspirational stuff-in fact everything you could want from a show.
The games were of a very high standard,the traders were helpful,but there was,of course, the usual moans about the Bring and Buy chaos......................


When will the organisers sort this bloody shambles out????-you can't see what is being sold,you can't stop to peruse,and I'm sure that the sellers would want the thing sorted asap!!

The other annual "moan" is about this bloody "game"(ie static,uninteresting(it's been around for centuries now) same old,same old!!) taking up an enormous amount of space.


Still,overall we enjoyed the show,spent far too much money,talked to a million people-they were letting anybody in.......................


See what I mean!!!C.S. Grant(or C.S. Gas,as we affectionately call him!)
As you can see,we were all in high spirits on the way back............................


Charming!!!

One last photo,caption competition???


Roll on next Sunday,probably a Marlburian,but who knows?
































6 comments:

  1. Looks as if you had a good time.... not sure when the next decent convention is down South, but I could do with getting to one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Springinsfeld(Mike)-we do enjoy these "away days",really good banter,looking at new toys,and meeting old friends-where do you live?
      johnc

      Delete
  2. I feel offended by you taking my image, if it had been at Partizan I would have been wearing my 'dont snap me' badge.Mind it was nice to chat although I notice you didnt mention the fact that I bought you a biscuit. I appreciate that in Westerhope the food banks are fully subscribed to, but letting a pensioner buy you lunch is just not on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie,you are offensive!!-that biscuit must have been in your pocket from the last time you flew on Ryanair-seriously though,even though I hate to say it,we did enjoy your company,and John and Neil's
    Have a good think about our offer re. Falkirk.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,in my day the quote was "always a pleasure,never a whore!"
      johnc

      Delete