Friday 17 July 2020

Strange people and a "cracking" game!

People never cease to amaze me!-no comments can be printed on our blog,unless I approve them,this eliminates the "spam", "scam" and possibly "jam",so how on earth does the person who has tried to get the following comments onto this blog,think that I would contemplate printing them?? I suppose I'll have to let you see the level to which this person has descended....

Dear,dear me!!

Now onto wargaming!-Last night Paul and I had a great Napoleonic Peninsular War battle,which turned out to be the best game I've had since the "lock-down"
Paul was designated the French commander (Massena) and was given an objective of capturing at least one of the two villages occupied by the British-this resulted in a real "ding-dong" of a game!!

This is the table,showing terrain and initial troop positions,I had deliberately made my right flank village and hill weak,in the hope that Paul would think I had troops hidden behind the ridge.



Top photo shows my RF artillery being put to good use,trying to break up Paul's attack,bottom photo shows his massive attack going in against the village,whilst in the background he is mounting another attack against my centre!!


My resolute centre is shown in the top photo,my left flank is shown in the bottom photo-just about to be attacked!-My Rifles hold the village,so the French were not in for an easy ride!!

The attack begins,not only on the hill,but on the Rifle-held village too-is the man mad??
I don't like the look of the columns approaching the far village-is this a sledgehammer to crack a nut??

I have launched my light dragoons against the French lancers,in a bid to stop the French attack on the RF village-the troops in the village are suffering from artillery fire,and the walls are collapsing around them-oh dear!!-look at the mass of French attacking the centre!!


British troops have abandoned the village,leaving the door open for the French to occupy it,and, theoretically,win the game!!-but Paul wanted to see if he could destroy the rest of the British,so we played on-hurrah!!


My other light dragoons are attacking the other lancers,and beating them-however they then decided to"chase" them-so no cavalry cover for my infantry,just as Paul has "sneakily" mounted another attack from the cover of the RF village-is this the end??

One final photograph of the table,from the French side,showing their dominance-oh woe is me!!
Well done to Paul,a great game,I just hope we can get together as a club soon-I will try and get the rest of the "boys" to have a game asap!












































































































14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey,good to hear from you-hopefully we can get back into the swing again soon!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have been getting the same...questionable!!!...blog posts! I mark 'em as Spam and hopefully this will block them!

    Good to see you playing again! I really can't be bothered doing solo today, so painting and more painting beckons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herkybird,good to hear from you again-I have never used the "spam" key,but will give it a try-thanks.Keep gaming and painting!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Hey John. Clearly Paul is still a wily opponent despite his baton being mothballed for months. Great to see proper Napoleonics. Hopefully we can discuss Falkirk 2021 soon. Fingers crossed. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,I have had my "baton" mothballed for years!!!!-Falkirk 2021?? I love an optimist!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. John you are a spoilsport.
    You should have responded to these offers.
    I for one would have Welcomed a bit of Light Polishing during these trying times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steady lad,steady-remember your blood pressure!!
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Careful Brian
    Don't want you getting another ban
    What would Franky Howerd have said about all this though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Missus Maybe?.
    Your right though have Done my Dinger that many times during lock down have lost count.
    After the set to I had with the Post Office its a wonder we get any Mail at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha that means no bills either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,stop encouraging him-he could get himself banned form "Ban the Bomb!!"
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Paul they have got their revenge they are arriving on time.

      Delete