Wednesday 26 August 2020

All's well,that ends well!

I have a "sat-nav" thingy in my car that I have never used(I've had the car for three years!) because I can't be bothered to read the instructions! Last week I ordered from Warrior Miniatures,2 card-printed Roman Milecastles-they duly arrived and I was presented with,you've guessed it,Instructions!!!!!,so of course I ignored the Instructions and just got on with making the models.....

Instruction sheet(fine print!) and tools,milecastles for the use of,-what could possibly go wrong if I just ignored the Instructions??



Top photo is one of four sheets,printed with all the walls,gates and buildings for the job,bottom photo is a plan for you to stick onto a thicker card or hardboard-this is "idiot-proof"-oh yeah? well they hadn't reckoned on "who needs instructions Jonnie-boy!!"

I managed to get totally mixed up with North Walls,South Walls,NE/NW/SE/SW walls,and ended up with having to "bodge" two milecastles into one large "fort"-however,the end result looks ok,as long as a close inspection isn't called for....................


Two shots of the ,almost finished "Fort"-The instructions tell you to paint the walls etc before making the model,otherwise the card will buckle-but I didn't read the bloody instructions did I? so I elected to colour only the gates,buildings roofs and wall tops,using felt tip pens................

The finished article-quite pleasing to the eye(well,half a half shut one!)

Finally,some of my 15mm Romans to show the scale.The morale to this tale must be, if there are instructions,they are there for a reason-so use them!!
































 

8 comments:

  1. I like following the instructions. I also like your fort. A reet Vindolanda! Take care, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris-fort doesn't bear close inspection-bit like me!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. ....that's the reason I've ever used cruise control on the car... can't be bothered to read the instructions even though it would be quite useful.. :o)

    PS. The fort turned out well.. instructions or otherwise..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YO STW-I've got cruise control too,but don't know what it is,also 6 controls on my steering wheel that don't mean adamned thing to me!!-thanks for comment.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. You're very adept at making models John and this is no exception. Of course it would look better with a coat of watercolour over it. I always have classed myself as a neanderthal but knowing you makes me feel like a genius. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,you are a Genius-however more arse than genie!!!-Neanderthal?-I would class you as Cro-magnon-it's that funny forehead you've got!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. I too work by faith and only check instructions as a last resort! Its too much of a pride sucker to admit we need help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Herkybird,I think of it as an age thing,but my WIFE says I'm just too stupid to read instructions of any sort-thanks for comment.
      johnc

      Delete