Friday 4 September 2020

15mm project.

I have been working my way through "thousands" of  15mm Barbarians and Romans and have now "broken the back" of them(more photographs when the bloody computer lets me download them!!),but I thought an update might be of interest.


This is my completed legion-10 Legionary cohorts,10 auxiliary cohorts,3 reserve cohorts,3 archer cohorts and 6 cavalry alae.

Who would be mad enough to attack this???(you can just see, in the distance, some mad people!)


Top photo shows the view from the hill-Barbarians watching for an opportunity to attack-bottom photo shows the mad fools actually attacking!!


Then the rest joined in!!-I have enough figures for 33 warbands and 6 units of cavalry for the Barbarians,which might just be enough to take on the Romans,with a chance of winning!

I aim to have the lot finished by the end  of September,and then I can start a mini campaign located in Gaul.

If I can persuade the computer (HAL!) to tell me where it has hidden the photographs of all of my completed Barbarians(Gauls) I will publish them!


























 

4 comments:

  1. Super neat painting John. Great work. I don't know how you do it. I very much look forward to a battle report. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,are you talking about my figures??
      I would only just call them "adequate"-you should have gone to "Specsavers" mate!!-thanks all the same,much appreciated,
      johnc

      Delete
    2. You can open the photos and zoom in. The painting stands up to close scrutiny ;-) I'm very envious about how quickly you can progress a project to the tabletop. The figures are great. I like how you've bought and painted collections specifically for solo play during lockdown. All impressive stuff. Meanwhile I've pretty much cycled thru all of my collections to play solo games during lockdown. Only got my 'Nam stuff that I've not used. Difficult theatre to game. Take care and keep up the entertaining posts. Cheers, Chris

      Delete
    3. Hi Chris-thanks for comments,I'm really quite enjoying playing these solo games-possibly because I can't lose!! although I do try and be objective,my plan for a mini-campaign in Gaul is taking shape,hope you are all well,
      johnc

      Delete