Friday 30 October 2020

Food for thought!

Whilst browsing through a couple of books,lastnight,I came across some very interesting facts about the Vikings-they actually invaded parts of Spain and Portugal, as well as venturing to Africa!!-Now that's food for thought for another wild campaign!-Moors and Vikings and Christian Spanish armies fighting each other......................


 These are the facts that I unearthed,so that I could plan a campaign(maybe!).


Possible routes for the Vikings-I have armies in 25mm for all the proposed participants.


Possible battles,as per the map-interesting.How I find time to do household chores I just don't know!!















6 comments:

  1. How very curious - what did they do with their longships whilst crossing Spain? Did they follow rivers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mark,Man of Tin-good question!-however the map and route is for the forthcoming(?) campaign and not histoical-they were granted land in the Quadalquivir valley,so I must assume the river was navigable!
      Thanks for interesting comment,keep reading,cheers
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Well that should keep you out of harm's way during the next lockdown. I hope Daph has ample entertainment lined up too. You had best finish the hoovering and the Roman campaign first. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,busy,busy,busy,hardly 5 minutes to myself!!!!-let's hope a total lock-down doesn't happen.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Great plan John, though probably requires some rum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey-some rum?-lots of rum!!!-I think,if I go ahead with this,it will take alot of planning,so I'd better get a good supply of "coke" in!! Cheers,
      johnc

      Delete