Monday 12 October 2020

New Recruits-15mm.

My 15mm Gallic campaign seems to be getting out of hand!-I decided that one legion c/w auxiliaries and some cavalry was enough to take on my Gallic army-but,of course,being a typical wargamer,I now need(want?) more figures as the Romans wander all over Gaul,and maybe even Germany!!

I ordered another Roman army from Warrior Miniatures(arrived in super quick time,as usual) and loads of Germans from Lancashire games(arrived when Alan said they would!)-Now I already had three "spare" cohorts of Romans,and with a bit of "jiggling" with the command groups,I have managed to make another full Legion,plus 3 units of cavalry and 5 cohorts of Auxiliaries!



New Legion from Warrior-fine looking fellows!



Detail of left and right flanks,showing Aux. infantry and Cavalry.



Top photo is the Legate,in charge of the Legion,bottom photo is the first of many Germans-I am actually looking forward to painting these-the OPC cavalry  are a particularly nice figure(I hope I can do them justice!)

My next battle with my Romans is an "Ambush-type " scenario,but I don't have any waggons to act as baggage! So what to do???-well you know what I'm going to come up with don't you?-Yes I had to make some-very basic,using just some pieces of wood trim,cocktail sticks,matchsticks and some round "shields" plus a few spare 15mm horses that I just happened to have in my "rumble box"

Not too bad!

Well,I now have to go and explain to the cat next door which "TIER" I'm in-or is it the other way round-he'll explain to me!!!!!!































5 comments:

  1. Yet more wargamer-extraordinaire army building. Absolutely fabulous and I do wish you wouldn't play down your painting talent. Great crafting yet again. The wagons are worth fighting over. I look forward to reading how the game goes. I finished EIGHT figures (and their 6 pdrs) today which will allow me to solo game with my new Indian Mutiny figures this weekend whoop whoop :-D Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your "rumble box"...? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris-ever wargamer has a "rumble box"-mine dates back to the 70's!!-hope your solo goes well-just rememnber,if in doubt,CHEAT!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. These look grand William. Good to hear that you ordered some reinforcements. When can never have too many, hey?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James,good to hear from you,and thanks for comment-I agree that you can't have too many,but it has to end somewhere!
      cheers,johnc(william)

      Delete