Thursday 26 November 2020

Two vital questions.

If you wanted to conduct a siege against a Barbarian stronghold like this one...............

(which is modelled in plaster and wood,on the old Airfix Roman fort) what would you need??

Well,you would need siege towers etc. but what if you didn't have any siege towers?-well,you would have to make them!


Using a long,oblong cardboard box,cut into three sections,and carefully measured to fit the walls of the stronghold,plus a piece of mounting board,this is what I achieved...................


These two photo's show the towers,almost complete,and covered with "craft sticks" or,as you and I know them, Lolly Sticks!!


Top photo shows how precise engineering made sure that the ramp fitted nicely across the walls,bottom photo shows all three towers c/w attacking troops!


From the left over bit of the box,I made two "Galleries",used for battering ram or undermining activities-nothing gets wasted in my house(well,I sometimes get wasted, but it's the Rum that does it!!!)


A couple of coats of this fast drying wood stain,produced a more realistic(?) finish to the towers and galleries....................


Well,that's the first vital question dealt with,now the second one,which is, "DO you think that there may be a siege pretty soon in my campaign?????????????????????????"















































 

4 comments:

  1. Nice. Once again, great crafting John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris-very basic,but they won't be used to any great degree,maybe two or three times at the most-I wish I had the skill to make a couple of catapults,they would come in handy for my sieges!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Don’t you have some pencil sharpeners that are catapults?

      Delete