Sunday 22 November 2020

Swing Low!!

You've probably guessed,from the blog title,that my Chariots have arrived,have been made,painted and based!!


Top photo shows the "goodies" as just un-packed-I ordered 12 and got 16-not bad!! Bottom photo shows how the chariots will look(without the drivers(more on them later) and Noble figures.)



The horses are shown here,detail is good,as is the animation.My initial thought was to do the chariots in batches of 4,then I decided maybe 6 or 8,but then said"sod it" and did them all together!!



Top photo shows the wheels and yolks(??)-the wheels were very "fiddly",so when I looked at the yolks(?) I decided that life was too short to bother with them,and dumped them!!



Chariots and horses all done,just need to put them together..........................

There you go. Now for the figures-the "Noble-types" were fine,but the "Driver-types" were too out of scale and small.............................


Driver figure is on the left-well animated but too small compared to the Nobles,so I dumped them too-luckily I had some spare Gauls,so used them instead-enterprising or what??



Top photo shows the Nobles well under way,bottom shows the "new" drivers stuck in the chariots.

All complete,just need to be "flocked".


I'm quite pleased with the finished articles,and already have a scenario in mind for them-look out Crustinuts!!

Now for the coolest T-shirt in the world..........................


Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

































































 

2 comments:

  1. All this shows that you’re a wargames...
    • maverick
    • pedant
    • machine!
    Maverick for binning the yokes. Pedant for swapping out the drivers. Machine for getting these chariots finished in double quick time. Well done mate. I believe that I only manage 1 outta 3 lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,ordered the chariots on the 6th,they were posted on the 11th,and I received them on the 19th-Royal Mail!!!-looking forward to using them soon.
      johnc

      Delete