Thursday 22 April 2021

Battle of Whinney's Burn.

Today was a double joyous occasion-firstly I gave Paul the biggest defeat of his wargaming career,secondly Brian turned up to give us the benefit of his "wit and wisdom"-it was great!


Top photo is the scenario,bottom is the table as Paul saw it when he turned up-he was English,I was Scots,and Brian sat this one out!

The Scots gunners take aim at the troops on the bridge.


Top photo shows the Clans being unleashed against the Camp,bottom photo shows the Clans and some "Gentlemen Volunteers" Of Horse attacking the English cavalry-very successfully I might add!my dice throwing was immaculate,knocking over English Officer after English Officer-brilliant stuff!(can you spot Brian?)



Despite some fairly good shooting,my Clans make it to the camp "walls" and start to work with the claymore and targe-bottom photo shows the same about to happen on the right flank of the camp-Paul,by this time was in a complete panic-he had nothing to answer the rage and fighting ability of the Clans!!



The top photo shows the Clans on my right attacking a make-shift barricade set up by the English-to no avail of course-they were put to the sword,as were the chaps in the bottom photo-the camp has been taken and all is lost for the English-hurrah!!

Look at the mess Paul has got himself into-Scots running amok and slaughtering troops and officers "willy-nilly"-time to send in the "Dogs of War"...........................



First of all they "chewed"(literally) the English Gunners,then they terrorised the English General,forcing him to surrender-another hurrah!!-time for Whinney to accept the General's sword,I think..........................


A picture paints a thousand words!!!-"giz ya sword ye Sasenach git!"

The above report was a complete fabrication,of course,I was actually "hammered" and humiliated,but it's my blog and if I want to win,I bloody well will!!!!

Roll on next week,Brian is coming along again,and we will probably be having a grand Ancients game.













































 

6 comments:

  1. Haha I thought there were still a lot of intact lines in the Hanoverian army. Well you tried. That’s all that can be asked of any Jacobite. Trust you enjoyed the banter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,yes it was great,even Brian had to admit that he was pleased to see us-roll on end of restrictions!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer John. I was going to toast your victory over the English—we Aussies always like to see them beaten—then you popped the balloon and told the truth!
    Ah well, 'tis but a game and fun after all! :)
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James,I had no idea you are an Aussie!-I have a friend in Vincent QLD-it's a small world isn't it? You are right about it being a game and fun-but it would be nice to win every now and then!!
      johnc

      Delete