Tuesday 19 October 2021

Ships,ships and more ships!

I thinks it's an Irish saying that,there are big ships and there are small ships,long ships and tall ships,but the best kind of ships are FRIENDSHIPS-so many thanks to all the "boys" for looking after THE WIFE and I over the past two weeks,being laid low by the most terrible bout of flu(even though we've been double vaccinated and have had the flu jab!!)-special thanks to Paul and Janet who did a couple of "shops" for us.

My mate Chris sent a couple of ACW ships up to me just as I took ill,but,feeling much better, I've managed to get a coat of paint on them.......................... 




These little beauties will,I'm quite sure,appear in a few ACW battles soon,talking of which,before the "illness" descended upon me,I had planned a large ACW battle,perhaps we might even get it played this week-end?...............................



Top,scenario,bottom table before any movement-two "finally's"-one,isn't nature wonderful?

How can a gentle mushroom force its ay through tarmac??-amazing!

two,where is my prolific reader and comment maker,Maudling Jack Tar?-hope you're well and just "resting"-get in touch.














8 comments:

  1. Good work, John. Thought they’d find a good home with you. Maybe you need to double your rum ration to stave off the lurgies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling more chipper. I too haven't heard from MJT recently. Hope he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mike,it's a bit worrying,but we live in hope!cheeers,
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Ships look great John, as does the table. Good to hear that you have pushed through, just like the mushroom. Thriving despite the lack of dark and b.s.!!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you read that you were both sid and dick, glad you are feeling better.
    I think there are so many lurgies out there, we could never keep up with all the jabs.And like the mushroom, nature finds a way.

    I just keep taking my wee dram of whatever, you feel better even if you.re not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,my sentiments too!!-taste is gradually coming back,so might just try a "dram" or two to test the theory!!!.
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Chris,I'm trying to convince my GP tp prescribe it to me!!!

    ReplyDelete