Friday 17 June 2022

Sad News Update.

Charlie Wesencraft has phoned me with more details on the sad news of Mike Fisher's sudden death.Mike died at the age of 65(not 67 as first reported) as a result of a massive heart attack.He worked for the Civil Service at Longbenton,and retired when he was 60.The funeral arrangements have been made at the Tynemouth Crem. at 9.45am on Wednesday 29th June,and afterwards at the Spreadeagle(pub ?) for an informal gathering . I hope we can all attend as a group to show support to his family.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Our generation of wargamers has reached that stage when the old toast "Absent friends" is all too real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ross,too true! I blame the fast pace of life nowadays-everything is rush,rush,rush.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss of a friend. Best regards Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Shepherd18 June 2022 at 11:42

    My condolences on the sad loss of your friend, always sad when we lose a mukka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James,wednesday will be a sad day.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Laurie Stewart19 June 2022 at 23:26

    Mike was a great rule writer and an excellent war gamer I enjoyed many happy hours in his company.The world will be a greyer place without him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie,glad to hear from you,hope you are still "gaming"-I will pass on your regards to Mike's wife and Charlie et al when I see them on Wednesday.
      johnc

      Delete