Friday 23 June 2023

Back in the frame!

 It's been a while since I last "blogged" due to sickness,hospital visits etc. etc. but now I can see light at the end of the tunnel!!

Since the demise of Warrior Miniatures, I have changed my allegiance to Lancashire Games,and have had Zulus,British,7YW and Ancient armies supplied by them-and they are good and Inexpensive!-give them a "look up".Today,three days after my "massive" order,I received a Mahdist army,a British army,a Jacobite army and some Iroquois Indians-this is going to keep me busy for a while!!!


Today's package-nearly put the Postman's shoulder out!!


Last of the Zulus and 7YW cavalry and generals etc.



I have also received,from "Early Wars Miniatures" some lengths of "flexible" road sections-a long awaited wargames accessory-as you can see the sections can go over terrain without the "usual" raw edges showing-clever!! I had a bit of bother when trying to store the sections so I put masking tape on the back of them and it did the trick-I wanted to store them in 4 and three sections-note the "cross roads"..............


A very useful accessory to wargamers-look out for more blogs featuring my ever growing 15mm collections.

I was informed last week that an old wargaming mate of mine,Ken Armon,, had died-his "Scouse" humour will be missed,and so will he!





















13 comments:

  1. To paraphrase Jaws, you’re going to need a bigger postie. Good to see you’re still entertaining yourself. Take it easy and sorry to hear about your friend, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-the "paintathon" has begun-with my MPT(minimal painting technique) it won'y yake long!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. I assume it's John posting?
    I knew Ken through Pete Foggin but haven't seen him since I moved from the 'Toon in around '91.
    Pete told me he was terminally ill and that he'd passed.
    I made Ken's day when I gave him a copy of Lazenby's Hannibal's War - he'd been after a copy of what he called "the bible" for years!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Neil,yes it's me(william is my ndp)-Ken was a funny guy,and a good gamer-not too many left now!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. I assume your visit to hospital was to get over the shock of actually paying money for figures as opposed to begging them off other wargamers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Shepherd24 June 2023 at 01:01

    Good to have you back, was sad to lose a mukka tho.
    You've stocked up with figures ! I'm working thro. my stockpile, am enjoying retirement, you can get on with important jobs.Sad news re. Warrior, have they made an announcement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James-no comment as far as I know-I spoke to John a few months ago,and told me he just couldn't do it anymore(he's 80!!)
      It's good being retired though isn't it?
      johnc

      Delete
  5. I was a big fan of Lancashire Games 15s many years ago. Cracking figures.
    Ken was my best mate and we were pals for over 30 years. We spoke on the phone twice a week after I moved to Teeside where we nattered about wargaming and various topics, we covered the lot! He was very knowledgeable on his favourite periods and had an amazing memory for facts and names even going back to books he last read 40 years ago!
    Hi enthusiasm was infectious and it was a standing joke we had how many times he got me to spend money on projects we'd spoken about! He was also responsible for introducing me to the wonders of acrylic paints back in the early 90s with his bold use of colours, really made his armies stand out. His mad scouse humour, his wargaming prowess but mostly his friendship will be much missed.
    Hope you don't mind me waxing lyrical John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dennnis-We'll have a chat at Border Reiver-thanks for comment.
      johnc

      Delete
  6. But what a shame about Warrior miniatures

    I wonder if they will reappear ?

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If some enterprising soul buys them up,you never know!!
      johnc

      Delete
  7. Ii, hope you don't mind intrusion, Dennis, it will have got you bigtime I know. Lot of great friends made over the years due to hobbies and shared interests.

    ReplyDelete