Thursday 11 May 2017

Cross-Eyed! Painting update.

I have eventually finished all of the Warrior Miniature Teutonic Knights-the last two units I have painted as Hospitallars(black with white crosses) known as the order of St John,and a red with white crosses unit, now known as the Grand Order of St Robbie!!-I will not be painting any more figures with crosses on them for a long,long time!!
The figures I bought from Irregular Miniatures are also shown,but it must be pointed out that I only painted 8 of the 16,having "dumped" the "wounded" figures!!


I must admit to being quite pleased with these two units-employing the "three foot rule" they look good,but don't bear close inspection,and look,they have been photographed beside that castle!!

Detail of the Knights of St John-home made banners(wine foil!)

Detail of the Knights of St Robbie(Robbie Roddis suggested I painted some red and white ones!) again the banners are home made from wine bottle foil(hic!)


Very nice figures,good pose and easy to paint!






















6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Robbie,thanks for kind comment,and sorry I spelled your surname wrongly in the blog.
      I have been reading your blog,and looking with envy on those ACW figures!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. If I were to do any more Crusading order crosses, I would get transfers!
    Veni Vidi Vici do a nice bunch https://www.magistermilitum.com/scale/28mm.html?cat%5B%5D=60854#order=name&limit=36&p=undefined&dir=ASC&cat[]=59634&cat[]=60854

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Herkbird,but I will try to avoid crosses like a vampire from now on!!
      I read your latest blog-excellent,and good pics too!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Excellent work.... the guys in black are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Springinsfeld,I must admit that the red and black does look pretty good-but will they perform well against the Mongols????
      johnc

      Delete