Friday 16 November 2018

US cavalry Out-post 1876.

I consider myself to be "mean" but "enterprising"-so when I decided that I needed a cavalry out-post for my new Plains Indians War US cavalry,and I certainly couldn't afford to buy one,I had to go into "make do and mend" mode.
I had bought a walled field at Falkirk a couple of years ago,and thought that it was the right size for my project-it turned out to be perfect..........................

This is it-two openings,so one would be used for the gateway,but what of the other one??

Well,the hut I built a couple of weeks ago,had a chimney which fitted exactly into the opening!
What next?

A palisade made from lengths of bamboo table mat,stuck onto cardboard!(and carefully measured)
On to the next thing-duck boards or firing platforms....................

No sooner said than done!-card measured carefully,and reinforced in the corners and middle,in case any figures put on them bent the card(who's a clever boy then??)

"F" troop,defending the finished out-post(although I might "brown wash" the duck boards tonight!)

A "bird's eye view" of the finished article,any comments???













































6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers STW,I just love "fannying" about and coming up with ideas that will enhance my wargaming!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Robbie,many thanks for your comment-I understand that you're not going to Stockton next week-pity,but I'll try and give a full review so you can get the "feel" of it.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Well done John. Does that mean I can stop looking out for an Airfix Fort Apache? Necessity is the mother of invention, and you're the father ��
    Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris-yes!!!Who's the "Daddy?"-being retired gives indolents like me the time to mess about,and use up things that I keep "just in case it comes in handy!"-see you next week.
      johnc

      Delete